PAL M3 - looking for info on this

lavos

Was hoping the community of experts here could provide some info on this PAL M3 knife  and its scabbard, which belonged to my grandfather or grandmother both of which were WWII veterans. I noticed there is a small ordnance bomb stamped lightly on the pommel, and "US M3 PAL" on the guard, but no info stamped on the scabbard. Thanks and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this

20200622_233451.jpg

20200622_233520.jpg

20200622_233752.jpg

20200622_234013.jpg

Nice correct knife, but the sheath is a commercial replacement.  The M3s were carried in an M6 (leather) or M8 (fiberglass) sheath/scabbard.

Thanks for the info! I am also curious to know about the rarity of this PAL version of the M3. Anyone happen to know anything on this?

lavos- Not rare, PAL made 121,131  M3s total, this includes blade-dated, blade stamped, and guard marked. It is a nice set, thanks for showing. SKIP

Skip,

Somewhere I read that guard marked PALs were harder to find than blade marked or bladed dated ones.

Bill

Bill- Could be, but I see quite a few on ebay, have 3 guard marked myself. I could be wrong. SKIP

If anyone is interested there is a PAL guard marked on ebay, item # 4023 07177884. Don't know the seller. SKIP

• 2 weeks later...

I see the PAL is up for sale on ebay. Item # 174339232157, starting price $650.  Real nice set, maybe a little high.  SKIP