And then there were eight

Thor996

It is with great sadness I make this post. 

7 sailors and 1 marine left from the USS Indianapolis survivor group. 

Fair winds and following seas Tony King.  May you RIP 

104458797_3189399374457171_6921391081596017953_o.jpg

• 2 months later...

Did you see that Jim Jarvis passed June 6?  I was thinking of him (one of the highlights of my life was meeting him) and damned if there wasn't a news clip about him going back to his shipmates.  Dammit anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 12:24 PM, Garandomatic said:

Did you see that Jim Jarvis passed June 6?  I was thinking of him (one of the highlights of my life was meeting him) and damned if there wasn't a news clip about him going back to his shipmates.  Dammit anyway. 

Yes, I saw that and I posted about his passing. Jim was a super nice guy. I have been to three of the survivor reunions and got to know him a little bit. The USS Indianapolis has a facebook page and they do keep up on what's going on with the remaining survivors.  Sad to see these men leaving us at the clip they have been. I am in the process of reading 317 again and am almost done. Jim didn't have a lot to say about the sinking in the Survivor organization book, but he would talk about it at the reunions. I only wish I would have started [didn't know public could go] going to reunions years ago. 8 left now. 7 sailors and 1 marine.