M1 Helmet - Is this an over-painted camouflage pattern?

Luxview

7. Only at the rim area, and this is the strangest finding, it looks like that over the yellow but under the Austrian gray there is a rest of another layer of olive green (it is difficult to see, pictures taken with my mobile but the olive is clearly on the yellow). Maybe there was an re-paint in olive who got mostly removed before applying the gray? But this is 100% speculation. Do you have any suggestion?
IMG_20200627_122531.jpg.3fae0d23e2a23522fdadd5fb792fabaf.jpg
IMG_20200627_122845.jpg.d8f446a5007babf666ceef7b4ea7a750.jpg

Just a thought, would the rim of the helmet have been touched up at the same time the yellow camo pattern was applied. There was a lot of paint loss on these rims and I’m wondering if they used what they had to cover the shine of the rim. Might explain your newer looking OG paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see how this goes. This was on ebay wasn’t it? Think I saw this set  with the euro interior but I never thought of that Pacific camo! 

Use a plastic scraper, one that looks like a chisel but is plastic. The best are those car kits that are angled or flat that remove radios, door handles spilt rings etc