A.E.F. trunk named to Lt. Wellington Rupp

speeder3

13 hours ago, Dirk said:

This appears to be Armenian script....a speaker friend translated a few words to read "Stockholm" "London", "end of the war" and "treaty" . Also speaks of territory the expected to get back after the war.  I wonder  if he had Mid East time or his spouse was of Armenian ethnicity. Or he picked this up from an Armenian community in France. 

Dirk, thank you very much for helping me with that part of the puzzle!  Much obliged!

Brian

aznation,

Thank you immensely for all of the information you were able to provide.  The family photo is priceless!  I've passed a lot of the data on to my mother-in-law so she can check the family tree and inquire with other family members back in Minnesota.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a family connection.  If that proves true, it will be fun to see if any descendants are still in our area.

Brian

You're welcome speeder3.  That would be neat if there's a family connection and there are descendants in your area.  You'll have to update us if that bears out.  Good Luck Brian!  -- Matt