Patch ID? 124th ARCOM

Dave Okamoto

Dave Okamoto

Newbie here.  Just signed up for this incredible source of info for all things militaria.  I've recently acquired a Woodlands pattern BDU top, probably from the 70's.  This sergeant was quite the guy with paratrooper wings, helicopter jump wings, a combat medic badge, and a ranger arc over this patch which I haven't been able to identify.  It's on the left shoulder, nothing on the right shoulder. If someone can tell me what it represents, I'd be very grateful.

51768687_UnidentifiedShoulderPatch.jpg.f6759683f7ba0b04c90be42a64e07971.jpg

Here's hoping and thanks in advance,

Dave

Dave Okamoto

Thanks very much.  I searched high and low for several days and couldn't find it.  Great to have this resource.

Thanks again!

The jacket is circa anytime between 1981 and 2014, that’s when the BDU pattern was first introduced and it’s final wear out date. 

Dave Okamoto

Thanks for the info.  I thought it both started and ended earlier.  Did the ACU replace this?  When were the OG107 or OD BDU's used?  Were they replaced by this one with woodland camo?

Thanks again.  Learning a lot on this site.

You’re right, it did end earlier. The Army stopped wearing the BDU by 2008, other services later. My mistake. 

The BDU replaces the ERDL and RDF patterns, there was a desert pattern as well which was same basic design, but in tan and browns. Both the BDU and DCU were replaced by the ACU which was fielded circa 2005/2006.