is this nuts or what?

Costa

385.00 and only 2 bidders. admittingly so, it is a nice clean ww2 knife but, is this thing worth it. wondering through the ebay offerings I run across this!

s-l1600.jpg

I paid $65 not that long ago for the same knife in nice condition too.

Also with a Kinfolks sheath but one that wasn't restitched.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It does seem to me that there is a trend over the last couple of years where rarity and condition are attracting higher and higher prices.  When demand for especially WW2 items seemed to be peaking in the early 2000's, just getting good examples seemed kind of high then.  Now it looks like many who feel they have the money to spend are looking to upgrade what they already have or are interested in acquiring.  IMHO, the demand for the more "been there done that" sort of examples doesn't seem to be as high these days.

It still shows that it only takes two who are really looking for a certain item to drive the price up.

hochiminhtrail

the higher price is also coming because with the internet, it s attracting international bidders, maybe not with blades because of custom regulations, but many collectors in Europe are collecting US military. 

the higher price is also coming because with the internet, it s attracting international bidders, maybe not with blades because of custom regulations, but many collectors in Europe are collecting US military. 
Edge Weapons arent a problem in most European countries. The weaker dollar vs the Euro does drive prices up.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

hochiminhtrail

i think over the past years and with the internet there is a bigger interest in european collectors for US militaria