Pa NG Border Service Medal

m1903

Not sure if there is much interest in these, but I started compiling a list of these by number , I'm about 2/3 complete.  AFAIK there is not another source for this.  If you have one and need to know the recipient post your number and I will reply if I have info available, some of the numbers are very light, and some outright illegible so there will be gaps.

collectsmedals

I have PA National Guard Border Service Medal 4241. It came in a group with a World War I Victory Medal with five bars, a World War 1 U.S. Service Medal from the citizens of Tacony, Phila PA, and Mexican Border Service Medal 12482 which traces to Harry Burns of West Philadelphia. I would love to know if the PA National Guard Border Service Medal also traces to Harry Burns. Thank you for any help you can give.

1 hour ago, collectsmedals said:

I have PA National Guard Border Service Medal 4241. It came in a group with a World War I Victory Medal with five bars, a World War 1 U.S. Service Medal from the citizens of Tacony, Phila PA, and Mexican Border Service Medal 12482 which traces to Harry Burns of West Philadelphia. I would love to know if the PA National Guard Border Service Medal also traces to Harry Burns. Thank you for any help you can give.

Yes, this is issued to Pvt Harry Burns, Ambulance No 2    Here is the  card from the Pa Archives 

4241.gif

3 hours ago, Mustang.CDR said:

I have 14179.

Sorry numbers above 130xx are rarely attributable, and may not have been issued.  

collectsmedals
1 hour ago, m1903 said:

Yes, this is issued to Pvt Harry Burns, Ambulance No 2    Here is the  card from the Pa Archives 

4241.gif

That is good to know. Thank you so much for the help!