Show your USAREUR patches and your Berlins here

jurgo

Old Marine

WOOF! I had NO idea there were that many variations of the Berlin patch. I learn something new every time I log on here. Thanks for sharing those patches, I'd never get to see all those variations anywhere else.

thanks again!

Dennis

I don't collect these types of patches but I came across this uniform at a flea market for a whopping $2.00 and couldn't pass it up. The name tape reads, "WILLIAMS".

post-1389-1211252188.jpg

post-1389-1211252197.jpg

post-1389-1211252206.jpg

Proud Kraut

These are to more variations I posted elsewhere some times ago:

No, the left one is NOT bleached or washed out. All other colors exept blue seem to be correct. The right one is of unknown origin, embroidered on velvet with orange rainbow. Maybe signals???

Lars

B1.JPG

• 1 year later...

Wow - some amazing USAREUR patches. There are so many variations and German made variations that you could specialize in only USAREUR patcehs! Anyways heres my USAREUR and Berlin patches. Hope you enjoy!

Respectfully,

PFC Kitt, Andrew R.

post-5665-1250867794.jpg

post-5665-1250867804.jpg

post-5665-1250867810.jpg

These are to more variations I posted elsewhere some times ago:

No, the left one is NOT bleached or washed out. All other colors exept blue seem to be correct. The right one is of unknown origin, embroidered on velvet with orange rainbow. Maybe signals???

Lars

Lars,

We had one of those velvet patches for years thinking it was a rare variant. Then we found a small package of patches - some real, some made on the "velvet", including this one. It turns out that these were made up (apparently in Germany) to sell as souvenirs. We wrote an article for ASMIC showing the entire package. The bottom line is that none of the "velvet" patches are real. Sorry.

Patch Johnson

Lars,

We had one of those velvet patches for years thinking it was a rare variant. Then we found a small package of patches - some real, some made on the "velvet", including this one. It turns out that these were made up (apparently in Germany) to sell as souvenirs. We wrote an article for ASMIC showing the entire package. The bottom line is that none of the "velvet" patches are real. Sorry.

Patch Johnson

One more of my unknowns IDed. Thank you for solving another riddle!

• 2 years later...

Not a patch alone, but here's one sewn on a Lieutenant General BDU jacket. The Lt Gen is Robert S. Coffey who was the deputy commander of USAREUR.

img_9910.jpg

img_9855.jpg

img_9856.jpg

By the same time, I search a "Berlin Brigade" shoulder sleeve insignia in DESERT for my collection of desert insignia....If someone has one for sale or trade, please contact me by pm or at [email protected] ! Thanks in advance !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Proud Kraut

Although I quit collecting patches a while ago I couldn't resist buying this one. Military collectibles & culinary arts, a perfect combination, definitely my new favorite USAREUR variant... :D

USAEUR CAT.jpg

The USAREUR culinary art team is still active today. I found lots of articles and pictures online, unfortunately not with that particular patch. This one is showing the current uniform with a different patch combination worn:

size0.jpg

http://www.army.mil/article/121736/Military_chefs_vie_for_culinary_awards/

lamarhooten

Here are two brassards i picked up this weekend at the local show. Got them in a three way trade. Have been looking at these, hanging on a wall, for the last thirteen years! post-3643-0-35390900-1435290055.jpg

Afew more of mine that i took pics of awhile back. Some bullion and some felt. post-3643-0-70807800-1435290245.jpg

post-3643-0-82273300-1435290337.jpg

And more.post-3643-0-15431400-1435290411.jpg

• 1 month later...
easterneagle87

Have REALLY enjoyed this section of the forum. Recently I have begun collecting SHAEF, USAREUR, Berlin Brigade, Potsdam, etc to create a display someday. I really dig the shield/rainbow/sword elements of the patches. All the variations are is one thing that drew me into this line of patches. Not that I really need another box of patches. Here are two I've gotten that add another thread to the spider web. ENJOY! One French and One British.

post-9131-0-88461100-1440207377.jpg

• 4 months later...

This is one of my favorite threads and nice to see the recent additions. Below is my humble collection, with focus on Berlin patches and insignia. I have the USFET patch in there because of its similar design, though it predates the others.

post-9214-0-23062200-1451579588.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Found two nice 50s Eisenhowers with very nice examples of the German made BERLIN patch sewn on the shoulder.

First up Machine Embroidered, the type with the tapered shield point.

il_1140xN.2671275402_ag8v.jpg

il_1140xN.2671276970_ix8j.jpg

il_1140xN.2671278506_43b8.jpg

And the BeVo.

berlin 2.PNG

berlin.PNG

And this one for the night, a 1960s AG 44 Coat, here with a U.S. Made Flat Edge.

il_794xN.2671272354_avjj.jpg

il_794xN.2718877189_p1q6.jpg

A West German made subdued, it has a nice unique shade of a Yellow-sh Olive Drab .Patch is on a Perma Press Fatigue shirt, so will date late 70s early 80s, a KALKA???

mk.PNG

tmj.png

• 3 months later...

Here's the Berlin District patch on one of my occupation uniforms. 

CN6.jpg

And the German made 3rd Infantry Regiment DIs on the same jacket. 

CN5.jpg

• 8 months later...