Show your USAREUR patches and your Berlins here

jurgo

This amy not be what you are looking for, but my Company had these made up for a border patrol mission. This was right after the wall came down. We were stationed in Schweinfurt.

post-203-1173650794.jpg

Hi,

The small blue and white "Germany" tab is for the 10th Infantry Div from the mid 1950's. After WW2 the 10th dropped the "Mountain" designation.

Regards,

Bill

hello collector friends i will post an info about the airborne usareur patch in my collection that you see! the patch is a repro and not a real one usareur airborne patch the real ones have white airborne in it and blue border and they are verry cheap i have the fake patch in my collection over 5 years because i have thinked its a original

one year again i have seen a original one on e bay but its a little to cheap for me i hope i can find one in an good trade :D

i hope mort can post a pic from a real one here that the collectors see what a real one is .

thanks mort

greetings

more posts wanted show all

regards

Tony - Ok, but I think I will start a thread just for Berlin related items when I get home from work. Kevin

hello collector friends i will post an info about the airborne usareur patch in my collection that you see! the patch is a repro and not a real one usareur airborne patch the real ones have white airborne in it and blue border and they are verry cheap i have the fake patch in my collection over 5 years because i have thinked its a original

one year again i have seen a original one on e bay but its a little to cheap for me i hope i can find one in an good trade :D

i hope mort can post a pic from a real one here that the collectors see what a real one is .

thanks mort

greetings

To help clarify the situation for collectors; what was shown in the frames was a yellow lettered airborne tab when it should be white. The yellow is in alot of collections with the owner thinking they are good;I include myself in that group until I got clued in by a fellow ASMIC member as to what was correct. Check out the scan and all will be clear. Mort

post-565-1173743251.jpg

To help clarify the situation for collectors; what was shown in the frames was a yellow lettered airborne tab when it should be white. The yellow is in alot of collections with the owner thinking they are good;I include myself in that group until I got clued in by a fellow ASMIC member as to what was correct. Check out the scan and all will be clear. Mort

post-565-1173743251.jpg

Mort,

That's amazing how the embroidery weave on the two patches you posted look identical. Other than the colors being off, is there any other giveaway that the golden or yellow Airborne thread patch is a fake/reproduction? Scary thought and heaven forbid if the fakers should ever get ahold of a spool of white thread.

Any chance of a shot of the reverses of these two patches?

Can someone give me the lowdown on the white thread Airborne version, period of use, level of scarcity?

Gary

Oops! Forgot to post pics of a fairly well worn Brit made example I have in my t/m patch binder.

post-84-1174112924.jpg

post-84-1174112942.jpg

the yellow airborne patch is made with nylon and it glows under blacklight

the real one is typical german made with german made background and it glows not

regards jürgen

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

In 1959, I bought the USAREUR airborne patch with the white border (center, above photo) at the Frankfurt PX. Contrary to what some people will tell you; it is NOT a WWII patch. Rather, at that time ('56-'59) it was being worn by a small group of airborne units attached to USAREUR. They included the 557th QM Company (Aerial Supply); and the fledgling LRP companies (which at that time were in the embryonic phase and weren't even called LRP companies). The familar green 557th QM Co patch was worn as a pocket patch. Oh yeah......... I paid a stunning 25 cents for the patch, lol!!

Until I read this thread this AM, I never knew anybody considered the USAREUR airborne patch w/yellow "AIRBORNE" to be a fake. In 1970, I was involved with a REFORGER exercise; and spent a tremendous amount of time at Ramstein, Echterdingen and Rhein-Main. While at Ramstein, I ran into a group of riggers; and they were wearing the yellow airborne version. I convinced a Spec 4 to cut his patch off; and I paid him $5 for his efforts. The patch is still in my collection.

I suspect the 557th QM (which was still active in the early 1970s), may have switched at some point and time from the white to yellow version. If anybody is ON FIRE to solve this riddle; there is a simple solution.

Go to: http://rrrnc.tripod.com/

This is the website for the Retired Airborne Riggers' Reunion. They have a guestbook for people to post messages and I'm sure they would be willing to help out. Old Soldiers love to talk about their past. ;)

These are some of my favoriite patches to collect. SO the more variations the better. Here are some of mine. I tried not to double up to much on what has already been shown. First are Desert Subdued made in Kuwait/Iraq

post-1604-1197416359.jpg

these are Subdued german made. the desert one is also german made. I picked it up right after Desert Storm.

post-1604-1197416446.jpg

Variuos Scrolls used by Berlin and USAREUR. and the AVN det as well as an odd ball

post-1604-1197416588.jpg

A few USAREUR

post-1604-1197416640.jpg

More berlin variations

post-1604-1197416703.jpg

AND last for now, SHEAF notice the large blue and black versions have the same details. Thelast two are pretty much identical except the number of flames on the left and right side of the sword are diferent. 5 on one side and 6 on te other then reversed on the next patch.

post-1604-1197416865.jpg