patch Airborne Command your opinion

Sergesquadron

• 1 month later...
Insigina Hunter

Never seen this one as a greenback. Nice grab if you landed it.

I would like to see another picture with better lighting of the back. The green seems darker than OD but could 100% be lighting/picture

I have a doubt based upon the original images. The base fabric is khaki and on the reverse it is a green shade as if someone died the back of it. I do not think it is the lighting as you can see khaki fibers on the top very much khaki. 

Sergesquadron

Hello,

green and clearer than some greenback, to know now if it is a good light it does not shine, tell me your opinion thank you.

Serge

The khaki base does look darker on the back than the front but that might be the lighting.

The reverse photo looks darker so I lightened it up.

It does look like some of the khaki is green especially in the area where the tab is separated from the patch.

2608BDC4-5235-4BD4-BE01-EB90B766FC4D.jpeg

It also appears that they missed coloring certain areas leaving the white.

The reverse of the glider looks a little funky as well.

0172DECB-0400-42C0-A04E-614D203E7166.jpeg

This seems to bring up the real question for me which is, is it worth paying a premium for a greenback patch in the first place? Is it truly such a big variation or distinction, or just different manufacturer? To each there own but for me never was a fan or went out of my way to collect. Someone thought it was worth the effort to dye the patch apparently and looks like it pays off since we have to do Serlock Holmes detective work to analyze what we have.

Sergesquadron

Good morning all,

thank you for all your answers, it's been a long time since I got fooled, really it's hard, well done for me not vigorous enough.

Serge