My ONLY(For Now) WWII 2 M1s

HattonWWII

Here i have my WWII Executive Officers M-1 Fixed Loop Helmet, just purchased from Scott over at Baystatemilitaria.com and am in love, and also have my first M1 with a Hawley liner, and the leather chinstrap is still intact on both, which is something i absolutely am in love with. Any and all comments are appreciated by you other wonderful people in this hobby. Check them out and do not hold back. Thank you for looking. I will be posting many photos of each, they are too beautiful to not try get every angle.

First pictures Exec helmet

M1Exec1.JPG

M1EXEC2.JPG

M1EXEC3.JPG

M1EXEC4.JPG

M1EXEC5.JPG

M1EXEC6.JPG

M1EXEC7.JPG

M1EXEC8.JPG

M1EXEC9.JPG

M1EXEC10.JPG

M1EXEC11.JPG

M1EXEC12.JPG

M1EXEC13.JPG

M1EXEC14.JPG

M1EXEC15.JPG

M1EXEC16.JPG

M1EXEC17.JPG

M1EXEC18.JPG

M1EXEC19.JPG

M1EXEC20.JPG

M1EXEC21.JPG

M1EXEC22.JPG

huntssurplus

Nice helmets! The executive officers one is interesting for sure, what's up with the N on the side?

Hunt

Thank you, you know im not entirely sure. Was hoping i could get some help on here about that. Maybe it said something that faded, i am not sure about the buckle deals in the back. I believe it to be all original and i think it is just unique. Any help or information by people with vaster knowledge i would surely appreciate.

ArchangelDM

I also see a circle has been riveted on the back to hang the helmet up ! 

very interesting. 

great looking lids 

My assumption was it has something to do with the man being on a ship, i am going to do more research into this. Thanks to you both

The Rooster

Yes I would agree thats probably a navy helemet with the hook added.

Very impressive for your first helmets !

Thats a great launch to a new collection... Wow !

16 minutes ago, rooster77 said:

Yes I would agree thats probably a navy helemet with the hook added.

Very impressive for your first helmets !

Thats a great launch to a new collection... Wow !

Rooster77 MANY Thanks to you. Kind words appreciated and yes, i believe. Is one beautiful lid.

You picked two very nice helmets to start your collection with!

Just be careful, it seems that these helmets have a habit of multiplying after the first few!

Thank you gentlemen, your kind words are making me even more excited about this as people with more expertise than me. As far as multiplying i do believe it because i am hunting for #3 now! 

AustinO, that is a real swell compliment. Thank you very much brother! almost a compliment a man takes a hard time to believe. But bless you!!

On 6/19/2020 at 10:55 PM, AustinO said:

Not sure whats better, the helmets or your photography skills. Great on both counts! 

Greatness!

• 3 weeks later...
HattonWWII

It did not last long as Nickman983 had said, i have acquired two more beautiful and complete, WWII helmets. I would love to hear your guys opinions and thoughts on them. Was not able to take the helmets apart from the liners as it was requiring greater force than i wanted to use on them, at this time. Please do view them. I have a USMC covered M1 and a netted M1 for your viewing, and any info or thoughts provided, i will greatly appreciate:) 

First up: M1 Netted, i notice a black buckle, not sure about the black. any info appreciated.

M1Netted1.5.JPG

M1Netted1.JPG

M1Netted2.JPG

M1Netted3.JPG

M1Netted4.JPG

M1Netted5.6.JPG

M1Netted5.JPG

M1Netted6.JPG

M1Netted7.7.JPG

M1Netted7.JPG

M1Netted8.JPG

M1Netted9.JPG

M1Netted10.JPG

M1Netted11.JPG

M1Netted12.JPG

Some very nice picks for your first helmets, enjoy the field of helmet collecting.

Now, speaking as the owner of Bugme Display Stands, you have this stand assembled incorrectly, those 4 felt pads are supposed to be facing down to protect the surface of your shelf. 🙂

Screenshot_20200706-095029_Samsung Internet.jpg

20181216_230923.jpg

HattonWWII

Bugme, i am sorry i have incorrectly set some of these up hahahaha, they are beautiful stands. Good thing too because i am about to donate one i own to museum in the near future. Happy it will be correct.

HattonWWII

A period net that was put on a after the war?

16 minutes ago, king802 said:

I assume you already know about the net.

HattonWWII

A period net that was put on a after the war?

35 minutes ago, king802 said:

I assume you already know about the net.

PM has been sent.

sgtdorango

The net is the very hard to find commando/sniper net....man you got yourself two more gems there, really great high quality scores......mike

HattonWWII

Thank you Mike and Bugme, you guys have provided me more information about these beauties. I was nervous it was something bad, anxiety i tell ya what, but you guys have given me such a lift. I am younger collecting so to see people with so many posts, tell me such great things, i love it. This hobby is great and i thank both you gentlemen.

After lots of soul searching the last few weeks, I have decided to go back to school and try purchase my first home. This being the case the collection will have to be put on hold for now, and I would like to see these helmets go to people that love and appreciate them as i have, even if it was ever so briefly. I will be listing these soon and wanted everyone to know, who commented to keep an eye out.! Thank you collecting friends for a great many years.