Ski MU GIA pass patch design?

Phantomf4

Hello, picked these up today. Was wondering if anyone has seen this design for the SKI MU GIA PASS patch before? I'm pretty sure its original just unused. Thoughts?

074.JPG

075.JPG

077.JPG

No, that's different from the standard one. Can't recall seeing this version before, but there is so much out there from SEA. Looks good to me too. Attached the usual design so others can see.

Randy

ski mgp 1.jpg

Yeah i haven't seen it before either, kinda looks like Bud Man LOL How many different variants have you seen? Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, Bud Man, now that you mention it. But a little before his time. I only have one other variation, but it would not surprise me if there were others. For those that don't know, the Mụ Giạ Pass is a mountain pass in the Annamite Range between northern Vietnam and Laos. The pass was the principal point of entry into the Ho Chi Minh Trail through Laos.The road is carved out of the steep hillside. Due to its difficult geography, the pass was identified as a choke point, and, as a result, was heavily bombed first as part of Operation Barrel Roll and later as part of Operation Rolling Thunder and Operation Commando Hunt. By March 1966, it was estimated that 75% of all truck traffic into Laos went through the pass.

Randy

ski mgp 2.jpg

Good history. Bud man actually came out in 1969, the 56th arrsq was in Thailand 72-75 so it very well could be a likeness to him. But who knows. 

• 11 months later...
Texan_gigem
On 6/19/2020 at 4:49 PM, Randy said:

No, that's different from the standard one. Can't recall seeing this version before, but there is so much out there from SEA. Looks good to me too. Attached the usual design so others can see.

Randy

ski mgp 1.jpg

6C0ECE87-D370-474B-A8AF-EE7299BECEF5.jpeg

Texan_gigem
Just now, Texan_gigem said:

6C0ECE87-D370-474B-A8AF-EE7299BECEF5.jpeg

Found this among my dad’s military patches. He was a USAF pilot in Vietnam 1971. 

• 8 months later...

I have these two that were obtained from two USAF pilots who both flew F-4D Phantoms out of Phu Cat AB, 1970-71. I will see if I have any others - should anybody be interested.

Rick

SKI MUGIA PASS PHU CAT.jpg

• 3 weeks later...