Two Grooves Super Close To Each Other on Ka Bars?

EBS

I've been doing research on ww2 ka-bars and I wanted to ask a general question about this thing I've been seeing every once and a while where the grooves in the middle to the handle are super close to each other. Like only one leather washer separating them. An example of what Im talking about: 

IMG_1064.jpeg.14c8fa2314e60d767fed6d1d5252a919.jpeg

Anyways, is this a red flag when looking for a ww2 ka-bar or is it something that just happened sometimes in the assembly process? Thanks a lot in advance! 

P.S: I know I've been asking a lot of questions, I hope I haven't been to pestering ya'll.

In and of itself I would not consider it a red flag.  There are other, more obvious signs of a reproduction Ka-bar.

I've seen a couple leather USN scabbards with no holes in the tips of them. Was this an occasional error in the manufacturing process? 

9 hours ago, EBS said:

I've been doing research on ww2 ka-bars and I wanted to ask a general question about this thing I've been seeing every once and a while where the grooves in the middle to the handle are super close to each other. Like only one leather washer separating them. An example of what Im talking about: 

IMG_1064.jpeg.14c8fa2314e60d767fed6d1d5252a919.jpeg

Anyways, is this a red flag when looking for a ww2 ka-bar or is it something that just happened sometimes in the assembly process? Thanks a lot in advance! 

P.S: I know I've been asking a lot of questions, I hope I haven't been to pestering ya'll.

I am pretty sure the grooves are cut in the handle. I have a WWII KA-BAR guard marked USN Mark 2 with an extra groove. I think just a  random problem in the groove cutting.
More pictures of your knife would be helpful.

3C-5=crop.jpg

3C-5f=.jpg

6 hours ago, EBS said:

I've seen a couple leather USN scabbards with no holes in the tips of them. Was this an occasional error in the manufacturing process? 

If the sheath is a WWII sheath I think probably an error unless it is a 1-piece leather sheath.

1 piece sheaths-=.jpg

Spare Leather Sheaths=.jpg

That is a WWII sheath, most are stamped Boyt / 43 under the keeper. Bill Walters states in his book, pages 367 & 369 that this is a rare variation sheath that is only stamped "U.S.N." on the throat. 

I attached some pictures of one of my KA-BAR knives like that one. 

8B-9-KA-BAR OLEAN-bw=.jpg

8B-9d-=crop.jpg

8B-9e=.jpg