Are "single side marked ww2 ka-bars rare?

EBS

I'm just recently started to switch my interest from helmets to edged weapons, specifically ka-bars and I read a reference thread about "single side marked" ka bars and I was wondering if those are rare or more desirable, just so I can be on the lookout for one if it pops up. Thanks in advance! 

There are many variations of WWII KA-BAR's marked only on one side, sometimes called "blank blades". The ones marked "KA-BAR" can be found with dark Parkerized or light grey Parkerized, (Bonderized), blade finish and with both round peened and rectangular peened thick pommels. There is also a version marked "KA-BAR / OLEAN, N.Y." with light grey, (Bonderized), blade finish and a round peened thick pommel, (probably one with a rectangular peened thick pommel but I do not have one yet). Some variations are harder to find than others but I would not say they are rare. As for desirable it depends on the person collecting I guess. I like the Bonderized blade finish KA-BAR Mark 2's and 1219C2's.  

First picture shows KA-BAR-blank-Bonderized, second KA-BAR / OLEAN, N.Y.-blank-Bonderized, and third picture KA-BAR-blank-Parkerized.

8-KA-BAR-blank-bw-2-crop=.jpg

8-KA-BAR Olean-blank-bw-crop=.jpg

8-KA-BAR blank d. Park.-crop=.jpg