Old lead soldier found in yard Metal Detecting

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

I found this in my yard, my house is over 100 years old. And I knew the man that probably lost it. He lived next store from me or should I say through the woods. He lived here as a boy. i bought the house from his mother. To bad the head is broken off. I looked for it but not to be found. Oh well. The paint is in great condition.

2d0e8300496a859858377d9c97ef66c3.jpg080f70b5b04d67d373f7a983729402ab.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

use to find a few at my parents acreage growing up. The house was built in 1920-21. Found several Manoil and Barclay figures. One of our dogs found an old cast iron toy truck once.He would dig a shallow hole near his dog house to lay in and he dug up stuff all the time. Would find old cone top beer cans in the pine grove we had.Was fun to grow up there.

• 1 year later...

Nice!  There is nothing as great and finding stuff like this in the ground around the house.  Was it lost by some kid playing?  Did he give it a military funeral because it lost it's head?  Where is the "kid" now?  And the most vexing question is if there are more of them buried around somewhere?  

Mikie

Who ever digs up my childhood backyard is in for a treat.

I think every toy I had is buried there after a massive dirt bomb barrage hit them in a surprise mid afternoon attack.

There was such carnage that most of my toys were never found again.

23 hours ago, manayunkman said:

Who ever digs up my childhood backyard is in for a treat.

I think every toy I had is buried there after a massive dirt bomb barrage hit them in a surprise mid afternoon attack.

There was such carnage that most of my toys were never found again.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Lead soldiers, blown up 12" gi joe parts, and lots of rubber green army men