Unknown 1920s DUI Help.

patches

Stumped on this one, checked around a bit with units he has listed in his BIO, but no dice, anyone know, or can guess?

An Unknown DI worn sometime in the mid-sh 20s on the then 1st Lieutenant Kenneth Walker, Walker would go on to be a Brigadier General in WWII and would be awarded the Medal of Honor Posthumously in the Pacific. So anyone know what DIs these are, tried the Bomb units he was in in this period but came up zero.

image.png.a4a4074cb6dc672f57c2b4206452e1ca.png

I cant really get a good look at them to provide an ID but it is interesting to see them worn on the shoulders that early. I know some officers did so because they couldn't have them on their lapel but its pretty uncommon to see photographic evidence of it. 

9 hours ago, Ray42 said:

I cant really get a good look at them to provide an ID but it is interesting to see them worn on the shoulders that early. I know some officers did so because they couldn't have them on their lapel but its pretty uncommon to see photographic evidence of it. 

Since he's of such junior rank, a 2nd LT or more likely a 1st LT (Promoted to 1st LT July 1924, he ain't promoted to Capt till August 1935) I was thinking perhaps it is for a unit in the Philippines, he served there from 1922 to 1925, but then would he be wearing the OD uniform in the PI!, would think no right, a Khaki one would be worn. It has to be when he was still a 1st LT  after he returned from the PI and was stationed at Langley Field Virginia, also the cloth insignia style combination of Air Corps Wing and U.S. on the lower lapels indicates this.

• 3 weeks later...

After a consultation with my undercover operative, he came to the conclusion this DI is for the 2nd Bombardment Group at Langley Field Virginia, and I concur.

iooo.png

I agree that insignia seems to match what little of the details we can see of the insignia and what is known about the vet. Good detective work.

21 minutes ago, Ray42 said:

I agree that insignia seems to match what little of the details we can see of the insignia and what is known about the vet. Good detective work.

We Thank You.