Any Good Militaria Places in Northern VA?

MinorInHistory

MinorInHistory

Are there any places to purchase militaria around DC or Northern Virginia? I know of Full Metal Jacket (the surplus store) but that’s about it.

Thanks!

huntssurplus

Hello,

I'm in Alexandria, but there really isn't much in this area.

Have you been to Full Metal Jacket before? My experience has been that the people who run the store are great guys and nice to talk to, but you won't find much pre 1960's. And any WW2/WW1 etc gear you do fine usually ends up being pretty overpriced (as most surplus stores usually are). I've come across a good deal here and then, but don't go in expecting to find too much stuff. They sell mostly to First responders/preppers/military/campers/etc people who are looking to use the stuff rather than collect. 

Other than that, there aren't really any other surplus stores, antique malls, or anything nearby. And with the traffic being so bad, it's hard to go to more than one place. If you find a good spot, let me know though! Always looking for new local places to hunt militaria! 

Hunt

manayunkman

Isn’t George Peterson in North VA?

He buys and sells vintage items.

I remember going to Globe Militaria in 1974.

I had a gold Anti Partisan badge that I got in a vet find.

The guy at the Globe counter was telling me it was a fake and then it slips out of his hands and hits the floor.

It shattered into several pieces.

There used to be a show in Greenbelt MD. 

Anyone remember that?

MinorInHistory

I haven’t heard about Globe Militaria. I’ll have to do some research into them. Full Metal Jacket is a store that I used to go to periodically before the lockdown. I have had a few good finds from them including a WWII US Mackinaw. I’m not sure of any other places, estate sales and yard sales have been my main source of militaria for a while. I also have heard about CS Arms up in Upperville, but I haven’t been there yet.

Thanks for the intel! 

• 1 month later...

CS Arms in Upperville is a decent shop.  I haven’t been there in a few years but he always had nice stuff priced reasonable.

• 4 months later...

I know it's a bit late, but I have been to Full Metal Jacket several times (mostly when they were down along the Potomac, and more recently at the new store).  It's one of the best stores in that area.

But as for Northern Virginia, the best I've found is M&G Surplus in Norfolk.  It's "old school," and the folks who own and run it are great people.

Otherwise, I visit that area a lot and while there are other shops, I have yet to find one worth visiting on a regular basis!