I picked up this handcarved Airborne soldier at the flea market this morning, he is 6 1/2" tall, no artist signature. anyone else ever see anything like this? If so post your pics. Don't mind the white string that is my inventory tag. Dwayne

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

Dwayne

Thats awesome!..probably a one off👍🏻....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

There was a gentleman with the Oregon Cascade Chapter of the 101st Airborne Division Association who did carvings like this. Sadly he died during a visit to Normandy a few years back.  This might be his work.

Sam

(AKA Skytroop)

Well, as someone who has done hand wood carvings themselves . . . value is hard to assign. really, with hand-done woodcarvings, it is worth what someone is willing to give you. The lifelike ones are usually the ones that get some money, but I mean life-like! This little guy would be what is termed a "weekend project" for a good carver. I'd say $15-35. However, the topic is of interest to a group (Airborne collectors), so that would add to the price within the collecting community perhaps. Really hard to say with things like this. Wood carvings were always hard to price. Since you aren't having to get a living wage out of it (since you didn't invest the time in it), it should be easier. However, tough to pin point. An Airborne collector might really be interested in this to go with their real items!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

Elizabeth, happy to say it's joining my collection for $5 I could not pass up a hand done piece like this for such a little money thank you for your input.

Dwayne

IMO, I think it is a 1950's to 1960's piece. Tan uniform, green overseas hat, tie tucked in, yellow PVT chevron. Folk art for sure. Would be neat if it were out of Oregon.  

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

7 hours ago, daskrieg said:

Elizabeth, happy to say it's joining my collection for $5 I could not pass up a hand done piece like this for such a little money thank you for your input.

Well, I would say you definitely got a fun piece at a very fun price! :) Love the badge and hat patch detail! I think it is probably going to be super nice in your collection!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.