WWII Hilborn-Hamburger Medal Ribbon Display Sample Board

warpath

WWII Hilborn-Hamburger Medal Ribbon Display Sample Board...an original display board that I've never seen and in very fine condition in WWII frame...anyone had one of these? Ed

post-3653-1231958243.jpg

WWII Hilborn-Hamburger Medal Ribbon Display Sample Board...an original display board that I've never seen and in very fine condition in WWII frame...anyone had one of these? Ed

post-3653-1231958313.jpg

I have seen them, they are out there, but hard to find. One particular ribbon makes them harder to sell now :)

Kurt

Stinger Gunner USMC

One sold on ebay a while back, went for around $500 if I remember correctly. In 2005 I was out bid on a full set of 1/2" ribbons that I suspected were stripped off one of these boards. That auction sold for $375, and I would have went higher if I had not been in the field when it sold!

teufelhunde.ret
I have seen them, they are out there, but hard to find. One particular ribbon makes them harder to sell now :)

Kurt

...and even harder to find nowadays!

I lucked into one at a flea market 2 or 3 years back. The best item on there is the Wake Island "W" ribbon attachment.

Kurt

It's worth pursuing then...I don't keep up with ribbons, but this was offered recently and seemed scarce enough. Ed

Hey Guys,

I have one...picked it up on a whim years ago. Its a great display because all the ribbons and attachments are there.

Vic

Here's mine...and I picked it up some time ago. thumbsup.gif It has a little water damage on the upper left and lower corners, but is otherwise intact. I've heard from many people that they are getting harder to find. Also, look at the old order of precedence and how the Navy/Marine Corps Commendation Medal preceded the Purple Heart. It amazes me how many more ribbons have been added through the years.

Randy

post-634-1232032645.jpg

I found one 10-15 years ago, it was missing 2 or three (very common) ribbons, I paid $15 for it from a militaria dealer. Mine has the water staines also. I was impressed with the Wake Island "W" also!

These ribbons were folded and glued around a piece of cardboard, not the standard ribbon bar.

BKW

tigerfan - man, you have the King Daddy of ribbon bar boards! Holy smokes - I didn't know one existed like the one you have! Pretty cool!

I too have one of the USN & USMC ribbon ones. Took me quite some time to find a nice one. It's really nice to look at, and would actually be pretty difficult to put together all those ribbons now, the WW2 made ones I mean, outside of buying the set like this. There are ribbons on these boards one will never, ever come across in the USN style - and I am not just talking the big one on the top left either, I am talking the campaigns, the Army awards, etc.

Ed, did you get the one you posted about then?

MW

tigerfan- I second MWalsh's comments. That is a sweet display board. The one I have is dated 1944 at the bottom left. Your board has a lot of ribbons and if you don't mind posting it, what is the date on your board?

Randy

This large ribbon display is dated November 13, 1945. I also have one of the smaller displays like the ones pictured in the above posts. That one is dated Feb. 15, 1944.