Grouping ID Help

cerick1450

Hello

Was given this small group from a family of a vet.  He was an uncle, and I am working on finding information on his service record.  His family asked me not to post his name.  They said all they remembered was that he was an officer in WW2.  The Infantry collar tabs and US Insignia are pre/early war with Piney catches.  Can anyone identify unit, theater, etc  

Thank you.

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

doinworkinvans

DUI crest is 343rd Infantry - and obviously the 343 with crossed riffles is the same thing.  The 130 is for the 130th Infantry.

BILL THE PATCH

The 343rd was with the 86th div, while the 130th was with the 33rd info div. After WW2 the 130th was attached to the 44th inf div after the war not sure what year. But if he started with the 343rd, he might have transferred into the 44th if he did occupation duty. Or he went overseas with the 86th being one of only a handful of divs to actually go over to the Pacific theater. Nice little grouping. Let us know if you find anything else out.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

BILL THE PATCH

The 343rd was with the 86th div, while the 130th was with the 33rd info div. After WW2 the 130th was attached to the 44th inf div after the war not sure what year. But if he started with the 343rd, he might have transferred into the 44th if he did occupation duty. Or he went overseas with the 86th being one of only a handful of divs to actually go over to the Pacific theater, and then transferred to the 33rd div which is likely the case. Nice little grouping. Let us know if you find anything else out.

Steve Brannan

From the insignia, he was an Officer, first a First LT and then a Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salvage Sailor

The Captain's 'tracks' are the coffin bar type, usually seen in pre-war groupings