1940s Antarctic Medal

Brig

Picked this up a month or two back...always wanted one and original presentation strike is certainly never going to happen

The suspension is not as bulbous as the early slot-back replacements, but the planchet seems to have nice honest patina. Not a big medal guy...what do you guys think? 1940s official strike, re-ribboned replacement, collector restrike junk?

thumbnail.jpgthumbnail (12).jpg

If price right good filler ILO original. Adam has a comparison on his site of original to later restrikes. I’d not consider it a made for collectors strike but as you say not an original. The devil is in the details which are markedly not as clean as early pieces. It’s a nice pick up nonetheless. 
I’ve attached one for reference not to hijack your thread 

1461E891-E2F7-4B67-B450-92AEAFFDDACB.jpeg

I was mostly wondering if it was an original 1940s government strike (PX replacement, etc) vs something done much later/re-ribboned

What's Adam's site?

Adam Rohloff but could have been a thread here or his website. Either way it’s a good comparison. My opinion is that yours is not a 1940s strike. Knob suspension plus the details of the strike lead me there. I’d certainly ask others to chime in.