Remembering Bobgee

devildog34

This forum was just a couple months old when bobgee joined us: he was one of those people whose sharing of knowledge helped grow the forum over these last 14 years.

bobgee.jpg

If you missed the link to his obituary above:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/houstonchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=robert-gill&pid=196323438&fhid=31938

So sorry to hear this.  I always enjoyed his humor and knowledge over the years.  He will be greatly missed.  Prayers to his family.

Chris

Sorry to hear of this. just saw this post. May God comfort his family during this difficult time. 

Such a loss to the collector community. RIP Bob 

Brian Dentino

Terrible news.  Bob was always so friendly and willing to help me out with any questions I had with great knowledge and kind guidance.  RIP Marine, you will be missed.

Great guy - set up next to him at a Fort Worth gun show a few years ago - enjoyed passing the time speaking with him. Sad to hear he is gone! 

patrick_usmc

I also didn’t know him, but I’ve enjoyed seeing his posts over the years. His was one of those names you see a lot around the forum and that certainly speaks to his contribution to the hobby and all of our knowledge. Praying for him and his family. 

This is sad news. I just did a deal with Bob last month and was thinking last week of circling back with him for some more RAF badges. A stand up gentleman all around. He will be missed. 

I'm so sorry to hear of this, Bob was always so kind and helpful. I know he'll be missed by many, myself included. RIP Marine, thank you for everything.

Joe

Raidercollector

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to him and his family. I talked to bob many times at the SOS over the years, His knowledge  was awesome to learn from. I all so bought many medal grouping's from Bob over the years. He will be greatly missed. RIP Marine.

Nick

I’m just shocked over this news. Bob was always kind and generous with his time and knowledge with me both on this forum and in person. A gentleman and a scholar but above all a good man. Always took time to shoot the bull with me whenever I stopped by his table to say hello. I pray for his family to have peace and him to have rest. 

Shocked!  Had a email conversation with Bob last month no mention of problems. He and I shared tables at The Great Western several times and his

knowledge was always a great help. He will be missed by many including myself. R.I.P. Marine!

BigJohn#3RD

Bob was a true friend to all in the collector community, a proud United States Marine and American. His knowledge about all things Marine but most importantly his friendly way of connecting with his fellow historians will be greatly missed. God Bless his family in this time of grief.

Rest in Peace Marine!

John