1943 remington rand 1911

thecandyman0838

thecandyman0838

My lgs has a 1943 remington rand for sale for $1100. I was going to go look at it this weekend and was wondering if there is anything specific I should look for. The pistol comes with a m36 belt and holster that someone fixed a EGA to. I have no idea if the EGA is period or not. From what I've seen the pistol is blued. I thought all ww2 era 1911's were parkerized. Were some blued and some parkerized or is this pistol refinished?

Thanks for any info

• 2 weeks later...
illinigander

When I turned 17 in 1958, thru the NRA I got a 1911 with a REM-UMC slide, and the rest is Colt I think.  The slide and the rest of the gun are a smooth grey finish that match quite well; so I wonder if any refinishing was arsenal done after WW2?  The pistol came from Anniston and I can't remember if it was $17 or $18.  

Illinigander

thecandyman0838

Sorry for the late reply but it turns out the pistol isn’t what it was advertised as. It was just a Remington Rand slide on a no name frame. Thanks for all the replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/29/2020 at 5:52 PM, thecandyman0838 said:

Sorry for the late reply but it turns out the pistol isn’t what it was advertised as. It was just a Remington Rand slide on a no name frame. Thanks for all the replies

Aren’t all M1911 frames no names?

thecandyman0838

It had no US property markings or acceptance stamps just a huge oversized serial number on the right side of the frame.

On 7/4/2020 at 9:28 AM, thecandyman0838 said:

It had no US property markings or acceptance stamps just a huge oversized serial number on the right side of the frame.

Got ya now!

I also would have passed.