USMC ID Flak Patch Questions

AKC123

Just recently got this Marine Corps ID patch. Haven’t seen many of them around. Don’t know much about them. From photos of Marines overseas it doesn’t seem like there is any standard for how these are set up and what info they contain. Hopefully anyone who is more familiar or maybe even some Marine veterans could answer some questions if they don’t mind. Is the nickname or call sign a common addition? There’s no unit designation although I have seen many that do in photos. There is a four digit number in the bottom right corner which I assume is a social security number so I have covered it as it didn’t seem appropriate to show it and the name. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

5FDDB580-8004-4BAD-861F-6C38EC611CE7.jpeg

• 5 months later...

I have several USMC tags like this and there is no standard pattern I can see. I like to pick these

up when I see them and I have not talked to anyone more about them.  Thanks Clete

USMC Tapes.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice collection. These are definitely interesting. I suppose the Marine Corps is making up for its lack of patches and badges by allowing a high level of personalization on the ID patches. Pretty cool