2nd Infantry Division Patch - Korean Made?

MasonK

Hi All,

I'm going to be looking at this M65 field jacket. Curious about the origin of the subdued, 2nd Infantry Division patch.

Twill construction, and considering the period (Vietnam era), I assume it's Korean made? 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

M65 - 2nd ID (1).jpg

M65_-_2nd_ID_(2).jpg

M65_-_2nd_ID_(3).jpg

M65_-_2nd_ID_(4).jpg

4 hours ago, Wake1941 said:

Correct, nice 60s Korean made patch. 

Thanks for the confirmation. Much appreciated!

3 hours ago, huntssurplus said:

Wow! That's an awesome M65. 

Hunt

Thanks, Hunt! Hopefully I can purchase it. Waiting for the seller to confirm if they have the nametape. Would be nice to put an ID to the jacket. 

Yes hopefully it can be IDed, possible Korean War Vet. It's local to you for sure as it's the 79th ARCOM, a Reserve unit from Penna.

Thanks, Patches. The 79th ARCOM was based out of Upper Darby, which is a little less than an hours drive from me.

I was able to pickup the jacket and one of the vets OG-507 utility shirts, also devoid of name-tape. Seller is a picker type, and never obtained the name of the vet.

Vet was Civilian Affairs based on the collar insignia on the Utility. Sad there's no ID, but I'm happy with the set. 2nd ID Patch looks great in person!

Also found some goodies in the pocket of the M65. Nothing Earth shattering; Ear plugs, a P38, Humanitarian Service ribbon, and a random rock. 

2nd_(1).JPG

2nd_(2).JPG

2nd_(3).JPG

2nd_(4).JPG

2nd_(5).JPG

2nd_(6).JPG

2nd_(7).JPG

2nd_(8).JPG

2nd (9).JPG

2nd_(10).JPG

2nd_(11).JPG

2nd_(12).JPG

2nd_(13).JPG

2nd_(14).JPG

On 6/18/2020 at 8:57 PM, patches said:

1st Army patch was there before, makes sense, 1st Army commands reserve units in the north east.\

image.png.4ea75e3fb4de1adf7f6a725ffec2c0a5.png

Thanks, Patches! I could make out the outline for a previously sewn on 2nd ID patch. 1st Army makes sense for the rectangular patch. Appreciate the help!