Camo painted WW2 cartridge belt use

skinsfan

Hello,I have a couple of ww2 era 1923 cartridge belts that are nicely painted from back in the day....My question is,Did one branch of service use this practice more than another....I have recently viewed a lot of original ww2 color film and happened to catch Marines wearing what appeared to be field modified gear such as this and it got me to wondering...One of mine is a Boyt which in my personal collecting,have found to be the more common maker of USMC gear(which may mean nothing)....anyway I took some pics below...Thanks to all...Scott

DSCN6708.JPG

DSCN6710.JPG

DSCN6711.JPG

DSCN6712.JPG

DSCN6713.JPG

you are so right,totally overlooked that,all the better in my opinion...i'm afraid i may have posted this in the wrong section though...Thanks very much,Scott

iron bender

Sorry, should have clarified my statement. British Made for the US army. It is GI field gear manufactured during WW2. Also, any chance the bottom belt has been treated with blanco? It has that color to it

nope,you were clear,needed a British made belt for my collection and this more or less kills two birds with one stone