Vietnam Tropical jacket type 2.5 , ODD BALL !

bravo_2_zero

bravo_2_zero

I ordered this jacket via ebay on face value of the photo's and being a tropical jacket like the rest you come across. This jacket however seems to be a sample/test/transitional to the trained eye. 

The jacket was issued 1966

1, High Gloss buttons

2, type 2 tag layout 

3, tags refer to gas flap , waist tabs but non present or ever fitted 

4, the cloth is VERY thin and see through. I have an exposed button type 1 and this is incredibly lightweight at the side of the type 1

5, this is not a modified is any way, nobody has picked off the rank slides and other items listed not the tags. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

FT.Monmouth1943

To me it looks like an early 3rd pattern poplin jacket. Yours looks pretty used which would explain why the poplin feels so thin. I have a similar one lying around somewhere. I’ll take a look at it soon to compare.

- Jakob

bravo_2_zero
18 hours ago, FT.Monmouth1943 said:

To me it looks like an early 3rd pattern poplin jacket. Yours looks pretty used which would explain why the poplin feels so thin. I have a similar one lying around somewhere. I’ll take a look at it soon to compare.

- Jakob

To be fair the photo that shows the full jacket is from the sale , the photo makes it appear to look worn out.  The photos I've taken of the close details are more true to what it's like in real life. 

Eric

bravo_2_zero
On 6/12/2020 at 2:49 PM, patches said:

And here he is. He gets out of the Service sometime in 1968. No photo of him unfortunately

https://www.amherst.edu/amherst-story/magazine/in_memory/1960/putnambreed

image.png.7b4fd80b41c1867241849fbe90788d61.png

iuk.png

Cheers I found this on the website https://15thmedbnassociation.org/Photos/15th-Med-Bn-Photos5.aspx The guy without the guitar is named as PUD , same time frame could be same fella Putnam and Pud pretty close for a nick name. Theres also a photo I won't post of him in his mature years in custardy prior to his death. 

pud.jpg

5 hours ago, bravo_2_zero said:

he's also in this photo

Great photos, but No Dice, for one these photos are from 1970. The Kid is not Dr Putnam, and the Putnam in the other two photos will be Major General George W. Putnam Commander of the 1st Cavalry Division starting in July 1970 😊.