M42 Camo Jumpsuit

rotxxyyzz

See some pics i found on another forum and also at the french Militaria Magazine:

M42Camo03.jpg

for sale in the US for 9,000.- $

M42Camo01.jpg

M42Camo02.jpg

got a booklet from the series : "uniforms illustrated" where also the pics with the flamethrower guy is printed ...

anyone else got pics of M42 camo suits?

That pic has the camo HBT coveralls being worn, not the camo M42 Paratrooper Jumpsuit.

Cheers,

Glen.

sorry about that, i've seen a real one in B&W with a dispatch rider dressed in a very very clean one.

Hi All

There is a very old collector named Jerome Blake from The LA area and he has a real Camouflage M42 jump set .

When you see it in person you kinda go quiet and realise you are holding something special and so so rare .

But then again any one out there who knows Jerome will know this kind of rare item to him is almost the norm .

owen

Heh heh...and I'll bet Mr. Blake also has the Paramarine camo trousers too, eh?? Another "slightly" scarce item...

Heh heh...and I'll bet Mr. Blake also has the Paramarine camo trousers too, eh?? Another "slightly" scarce item...

the pics showing a hbt uniform in the same shape and cut like a M42 jumpsuit - the paramarines used different uniforms

• 1 year later...
See some pics i found on another forum and also at the french Militaria Magazine:

M42Camo03.jpg

for sale in the US for 9,000.- $

M42Camo01.jpg

M42Camo02.jpg

got a booklet from the series : "uniforms illustrated" where also the pics with the flamethrower guy is printed ...

anyone else got pics of M42 camo suits?

What issue Militaria was it in?

Thanks

Sam

• 1 year later...

I am sure this photo of the Para w/ flamethrower is cropped. I believe I have seen the photo uncropped and there is another para in the photo both wearing the same camo suit. The photos were from training stateside.

A French dealer was selling them at Beltring last year....all repros of course! I daresay he'll be there again this year?

Picture of Pathfinder just before Normandy. I thought this suit was painted until I saw the picture of Jerome's set. It still may be painted but they got the coloring good.

BEAR

Caption on the photo simply said that he was a pathfinder training just before D Day. Never noticed the helmet ... now I see the liner rivets.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a photo of Jerome's real set:

post-492-1338330178.jpg

Reviving this a bit...

I've been one of the fortunate few that has seen this set in the flesh when Jerome brought it to the SOS in 07' (I think). As Owen stated.... You know you are holding something very special and rare!

Beautiful!!

History Man

I am not sure but I think I saw that at the last Pomona Military Show. If it was this it was on a display stand with other paratooper uniforms.

Philip

Pretty sure those are the camo HBT coveralls. I might still have them on my external, but I had tons of the GOYAS for reference from my 1:6 scale days and there were plenty of pics of them in Panama wearing the coveralls.

Lads-

Hard to tell, but think these are HBT Coveralls - photo scanned from a group of pictures taken by PFC Robert "Booty" West - B Co 551st PIB

Panama.jpg

Rest of the photos are here

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v518/82n...st%20Snapshots/

GOYA ALL THE WAY!!!

Pretty sure those are the camo HBT coveralls. I might still have them on my external, but I had tons of the GOYAS for reference from my 1:6 scale days and there were plenty of pics of them in Panama wearing the coveralls.

Brother - would love to see the pictures you have & add then to the Museum Archives -

How much beer do I need to send? LOL!