Legion of honor?

Eric

I have this medal for a time, but i wonder what it is?

I hope somebody can indentify it. I've bought this medal along with some other items on WAF.

hpim5683dv0.th.jpghpim5685dn0.th.jpg

Thanks in advance, Eric

Maybe it is meant for those who were awarded the "Légion d'Honneur" medal by France either in WWI or WWII.

Erwin

I dont know. When i searched on google i found it's an organisation. But it's possible, then i need to send a form 180. There was a pair of dogtags with it. thumbsup.gif

"Legion of Honor" units are groups of military veterans within a temple of Shriners. The full name is the International Association Legions of Honor, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine. In this case, it represents the Legion of Honor unit of the Oleika Temple in Lexington, Kentucky. The Shriners are a Masonic organization.

Thanks for the info, Jeff.

I missed the ball completely here, I think I got misdirected by the "French flag" on that pin/medal/badge.

Erwin

Thanks alot for this information Jeff. thumbsup.gif

So it has nothing to do with the military or veterans organizations. I'll just keep it with the lot, it isn't doing anything wrong in the medal box :D

Actually, as I understand it now, it is veteran related in that the medal is restricted to a group of veterans within the Shrine. Is that correct?

That's the way it appears from little I can find. Masonic organizations aren't real forthcoming with info about their groups.

• 6 months later...

My apologies....I confused this with the actual Legion of Honor Society for MoH and DSC/Navy Cross/AF Cross holders. I've deleted the text for both posts I made on error on this thread. Have also deleted the pictures of the the 1931 LoH reunion medal.

My apologies....I confused this with the actual Legion of Honor Society for MoH and DSC/Navy Cross/AF Cross holders. I've deleted the text for both posts I made on error on this thread. Have also deleted the pictures of the the 1931 LoH reunion medal.