Help with C-47 Serial # 43-15296

Easy502

Hello,

I'm looking for information about a C-47 a/c with a tail # 43-15296. Does anybody know about its squadron please, or any other information ? I know this a/c dropped 502nd men on D-Day.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Easy502

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

This particular C-47 was, as far as i can tell, a 436th TCG bird and flew from Membury (about 10 miles from where my grandparents live :D) for D-Day. I'm sorry i can't give you the Squadron.

Regards, Bez

• 10 months later...

Dear Bez,

sorry, but this a/c was not in the 436th TCG. It dropped men of the 2/502, so it was from 438th TCG and flew from Greenham Commons. But, I would like to know the squadron. If anybody can help me.

Thanks,

Easy502

Contact the Air Force Museum. I believe they have the Individual Aircraft Record cards on file there. Give them the model and serial numbers, and I think they can get the info you want. Those record cards usually list all units an aircraft was assigned to during it's time within the Air Force (this includes predecessor organizations like the AAF).

You might also do a Google search for "Air Force aircraft serial numbers". There was a site linked to the USAFPatches website that had a HUGE listing of serial numbers, but I don't have that internet address and the site is no longer linked to www.usafpatches.com

Hope this helps you out some.... good luck! :thumbsup: