Combat Action Ribbon retroactive to WW2, also Philippine Awards

gophergrove

gophergrove

I'm still working on collecting for my father and father-in-law shadow boxes. I'm hoping to have them done by Father's Day. (Don't hold your breath, LOL) It seems every time I think I have things figured out something new comes along.

This was the latest. A request to the National Archives produced replacement medals for my father-in-law. He was awarded a Combat Action Ribbon retroactively. Just thought I would throw this out there to anyone researching their relatives service. Also the US Navy does not issue foreign service awards (i.e. Philippine Liberation Ribbon). You must purchase those on you own. 

Philippine Medals can be purchased through Philippine government much cheaper than online. HOWEVER....The mounting of medals purchased from the Philippine government do NOT have standard mounting. They will not fit on a standard ribbon rack. 

You do get a nice letter of appreciation from the Philippine government and certificate of award suitable for framing (sorry if I sound like a commercial).

Skysoldier80

Goes for Marines Also.  NDAA 2012 (I believe) did this for both services.  WWII and Korean Marines were given the CAR retroactively.