Help identifying jump wing owner

I’ve had this crudely inscribed wing for a while and have so far not been able to find out who owned it. The name to me looks like Grosbby, which is a relatively rare one I suspect. Can anyone help in identifying who it might be, please? Also, does the symbol also scratched into the back have any significance?

035f74fbc1a27676aa85dc69fdff5c15.jpg

Looks like it was engraved or etched twice...the first time lightly and the second deeper...I believe the name is Crosby

Ah, yes. Now you say it I can see the two b’s are in fact two attempts at the one. However, I’m pretty convinced it’s a G as the first letter - both the scratched and the stippled letters appear to be so.

Only found 2 Grosby’s on the NARA site...both seem kind of old to be Paratroopers in WWII...but you never know

9B92154A-1C84-4586-B814-55B393A699A9.jpeg

Thanks! As you say, both perhaps a little old to be a paratrooper, 34/35 on enlistment. But possible?

Thanks both.

And that’s one fine photo - loving the broken-down Thompson. He must have had some grit to mix it in the Airborne at a relatively advanced age.

Only found 2 Grosby’s on the NARA site...both seem kind of old to be Paratroopers in WWII...but you never know
9B92154A-1C84-4586-B814-55B393A699A9.jpeg.8f8613daffe56da69b6e4eab65bbd0cc.jpeg

I managed to find the detail behind these two items and only Arthur J Grosby is in the frame. Edward was African American and so not eligible.