Bill Wise

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Was just informed this morning that Bill Wise owner of the Soldier's Trunk,  died last night.

Oh man, what a shock.  He was supposed to be rehabbing his ankle and getting back to normal.  He will be missed.

Tremendous loss to his wife and family, ASMIC, and the collecting world. Old school, veteran of the US Coast Guard.

Persian Gulf Command

I am deeply hurt by this loss.  I had many conversations with Bill over the years at small shows in Mass. and online.  If anyone can direct me to or advise where I could send my condolences to his family please let me know.  I do not feel I should just send an email to his business site.

John

Rakkasan187

Sad to hear of this.. Another great legacy in the collecting field has passed

Rest in Peace..

Deepest condolences to the Wise Family..

Leigh

Sad to hear.  He was a great guy and fine dealer.

Rest in Peace.

G

BigDogMilitaria

I am really going to miss Bill . I just talked to him last week and he told me he was hopeful for the Max show in Sept . He and his wife are two of the nicest people I’ve had the pleasure of knowing.

Bill was a Great Guy - Always looked forward to the "Soldiers Trunk" auctions - it was the place for a lot of "Hidden Treasures"

RIP Bill

This is such sad news, our condolences to Linda and the family. He was a good friend and a contributor to our books. In addition to his tremendous knowledge of patches he was a lot of fun to hang out with and just shoot the breeze.

Bill & Kurt

CNY Militaria

I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to meet him, but always heard what a great guy he was. RIP sir!

Sad news.  First met Bill about 50 years ago when we both lived in South Jersey and frequented the same flea markets and militaria shows. In more recent years, I would always talk with him at the now defunct Union, NJ show.

mortaydc60

Very sad news. One of the first people I meet collecting almost 50 years ago. A truly nice person and a true gentlemen. A great family man with his wife Linda were almost inseparable,always together at shows. A great loss to the hobby, a sad day!

So sorry to hear this. I was introduced to Bill shortly after I started collecting many years ago

and he was always very friendly and available to help with my questions. He will be missed. RIP.

I knew Bill from his e bay site and spoke with him many times . always had a kind word, a real Gent.

too many of us are passing.R.I.P.

My most sincere condolences to Linda and the Wise family and his many friends. We have indeed lost a stalwart in the collecting community. I bought many patches from Bill over the years and I always thought that I was treated quite fairly. Even as a younger collector (at the time) Bill was always happy to "talk patches" and treated you the same whether you were talking about a 3rd Army or an Alamo Scouts patch. He was a gem.

Allan

This is a shock.  He has been a member of the community forever.  As noted, a gentleman to deal with.  I am sorry for the loss to those who knew him better.

Shocked when I seen his name up front in the TAPs, seen him many times with his wife at the Meadowlands Show in Union New Jersey, always friendly good conversations with him. Dealt with him on his Ebay store after I got a lap top, always helpful, willing to look around for items he may have had but were not listed, a go to guy.

My sincerest condolences to his wife and family and his friends.

Salvage Sailor

I met Bill several times when I lived and worked in the tri-state area in the last century.  Over the years we would discuss and identify many Naval items and a sizable chunk of my USN patch collection came from Bill.

mortaydc60

Found his obit on line and a number of charities are listed to make donations in his memory. Very easy to find and simple to make donation with PayPal