Scammer on eBay ruined a perfectly good Hawley Liner

Frogskin7

USMC-RECON0321

Is this the same seller from the first attempt to sell it?  And is this the same person you sold the liner to? It looks like the same pictures used in the original eBay listing posted above.  

His updated description: 

WW2 M1 Fixed bail rear seam With Hawley Liner, complete. This is a beautiful named fixed bail with Hawley liner. Original liner chinstrap is an early green buckle United Carr. Headband is the correct early wire buckle type. Nap strap is a rare CSC maker. All components are original to this helmet. McCord manufactured fixed bail, heat stamped 312C indicating an appropriate manufacture date of September 1942. Original paint is cork impregnated and 99%. Just an awesome looking early combat used setup that has become extremely hard to come by. Please contact me with questions or more pictures. Absolutely no shipping outside of the United States. Please check out my other auctions for more nice helmets. Thank you for looking. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail fully insured.

On Dec-09-20 at 13:24:53 PST, seller added the following information:

Please take into account that I have received a message from someone who seems honest and adamant with 100% feedback saying he owned the liner some years ago and it wasn’t with this shell. I am not going to stop the auction. Please bid accordingly.

39 minutes ago, USMC-RECON0321 said:

Is this the same seller from the first attempt to sell it?  And is this the same person you sold the liner to? It looks like the same pictures used in the original eBay listing posted above.  

Definitely the same seller. It's a mix of new and old pictures. Some are from the last auction and some are new but taken from the same location.

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm this is a BS put together as I remember when this liner was for sale a while back on its own and no laundry number in it.

I'm sorry, I just noticed the link I shared a while back became ineffective when I launched my new website. Here's how the Hawley liner appeared before the fake laundry number was added to the inside.

fullsizeoutput_15f3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15f8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15f9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15fa.jpeg

I'm sorry, I just noticed the link I shared a while back became ineffective when I launched my new website. Here's how the Hawley liner appeared before the fake laundry number was added to the inside.
fullsizeoutput_15f3.jpeg.89e2790c2bc41d89bc7c21b2399b78f6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_15f8.jpeg.cb6c76ff3360aa04edd7b390fac938de.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_15f9.jpeg.d285647580be79dcd99d78ac56263328.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_15fa.jpeg.5ea9b7f3be54f1b9fd94fcaa55688c55.jpeg

Did you get this out of Oklahoma???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Lsparks said:

Did you get this out of Oklahoma???????

I couldn't say for certain. This was an eBay purchase from maybe four years ago. Since then, hundreds if not thousands of helmets have passed through my hands. I can say for certain though, it did not come with that shell, nor the laundry number.

I couldn't say for certain. This was an eBay purchase from maybe four years ago. Since then, hundreds if not thousands of helmets have passed through my hands. I can say for certain though, it did not come with that shell, nor the laundry number.

I ask because i had an eerily similar “MILLER” marked Hawley that I traded away a few years ago.

With all honesty, it’s things like this that have started me on the path over the past few years to sell all of my collection. I know I’ve added items but I’ve sold a lot of things that 10 years ago I wouldn’t have entertained any offers.

marty

The latest ebay listing you posted shows it being located in Oklahoma, so the seller is probably not the collector you sold it to in Staten Island.

• 2 weeks later...
USMC-RECON0321
On 12/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, pararaftanr2 said:

The latest ebay listing you posted shows it being located in Oklahoma, so the seller is probably not the collector you sold it to in Staten Island.

Staten Island?  Maybe this was sold to Screamingeagle101 (forgot his name, Dominique maybe? ) and he added the laundry number and shell?  That wouldn't be a surprise.  

1 hour ago, USMC-RECON0321 said:

Staten Island?  Maybe this was sold to Screamingeagle101 (forgot his name, Dominique maybe? ) and he added the laundry number and shell?  That wouldn't be a surprise.  

I don't want to dox the buyer, but I can confirm the name on the shipping address was not Dominick Consolazio (spelling?).