Scammer on eBay ruined a perfectly good Hawley Liner

Frogskin7

Good afternoon all, 

I have taken a break from collecting over the past 6 months and have recently come back. I went on eBay and to my disgust is a Hawley liner I had once owned which has been tampered with. The seller is a complete liar. I had sold this liner in late 2017/2018. He added a random laundry number to the inside to match the Fixed loop shell he added with it. 

I can not stand when historical artifacts are messed with. 

96050E95-5C9E-4037-9E39-5DE2618F0E16.jpeg

D41DCCBA-D991-4A4D-BE56-358AFF56B233.jpeg

manayunkman

My understanding is that the new owner (the person you sold it to) added a stamped laundry number to the liner?

Did the liner already have Miller painted on it and and did the chinstrap on the steel pot already have the number stamped on it?

42 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

My understanding is that the new owner (the person you sold it to) added a stamped laundry number to the liner?

Did the liner already have Miller painted on it and and did the chinstrap on the steel pot already have the number stamped on it?

Yes he added the laundry number to the liner. There was never a shell with it. Im assuming he had an extra shell with a laundry number so he decided to put it on there and sell as an "original piece".

2 hours ago, 644td said:

Do you have pictures from when you owned the liner

If you check out my instagram account @ _warhelmets_ you can find photos there. 

I see the auction now says ended. Not being familiar with eBay what would that mean - it was sold - it was withdrawn?

Nickman983

The auction was closed by the seller.

I took the liberty of grabbing the images from the listing for future reference if the helmet pops up again.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (22).jpg

Nickman983

I would list a link to the original liner before it was messed with but I can't see that far on Instagram without an account.

9 hours ago, Frogskin7 said:

If you check out my instagram account @ _warhelmets_ you can find photos there. 

For those of us with no Instagram account, do you think you could take the time to post those?  

I guess I got to the clown. I told the worm I was going to call ebay about his fraud and I must have hit a raw nerve. denied every thing and told me I knew nothing. when they come back to you with a long song and dance you know you got em.

Blacksmith
7 hours ago, bigschuss said:

For those of us with no Instagram account, do you think you could take the time to post those?  

^^^that.  I would say, respectfully, a topic with claims, and no supporting pics is not going to get much attention.  If you are passionate enough to post a rant, post pics too please.

Nickman - thanks for your efforts.

Nickman983

My pleasure, just making sure this thread will be of some use if someone finds it a few months down the line after the eBay listing is gone.

• 5 months later...

It’s now been long enough the link to the original liner doesn’t work. No one ever answered whether this one came out of Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk