Need Some Assistance on a Glider Uniform- Thanks

vernon

This is a uniform that I have had for some time.  I believe that it belongs to Ellis S. Keever who was a glider pilot from Lakewood, Colorado and made one assault over the Rhine.  Interestingly,  a tailor label in the pocket identifies the jacket as initially belonging to Richard J. Howard.  However these faded partial numbers on the interior  the jacket -  K- 2139. and T 132139 might be  partials to Keever.  Would someone happen to have access  to the serial number for flight officer Keever?  I truly appreciate your help with this.  Have a great day.  Vern Shattuck

IMG_7055.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

Thank you very much for the information Kadet.  I appreciate reading your posts.  Best of luck collecting.  Vern 

BigJohn#3RD

Vernon,

Great looking uniform.  Please post some pictures of his ribbons and Glider Pilot wings.

Thanks,

John

Thank you Big John for your comment- sorry for the delay in responding to you.  Here are some more pictures. The Glider wings are sewn onto the jacket.  It would be interesting to find out who was Richard Howard; he also owned /used this jacket- the tag is in the inside pocket of the jacket and indicates the jacket was made a year before Varsity in the United States.  Howard is not in the WW2 glider pilot listings- maybe a tow or regular pilot??   Does anyone have the squadron that Keever flew with??  I know that many of you have access to incredible sources of references and are fantastic militaria detectives.  Many thanks for your possible help with these question.  Happy collecting.  Vern 

IMG_7062.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG