G/507 PIR Operation VARSITY

Mike34charlie

Mike34charlie

Gentlemen, 

Curious as to the exact standards paratroopers in G company, 507th PIR would have stenciled on their helmets for Operation VARSITY. Exact dimensions, colors, examples are greatly appreciated. I have seen triangles and stars referenced to. There are many examples for the 101st during NEPTUNE but almost nothing for the 17th ABN. Very confusing. 

The Rooster

Hello Sir,

I would venture to guess that the reason you are getting no replies, and that more than likely you  wont get any,

is that in the past some members have been known to glean detailed information in order to

replicate, or recreate, or fake helmets. I am in no way implying that you are engaged in that sort of activity.

So please dont get me wrong. But I've noticed that in the past. If you need that kind of detailed information,

you would be better doing some research on your own, rather than asking members for such information, especially

in the Helmet forum. 

I mean you no offence and am not accusing you of anything. Its just important for new members to realise

that helmet collecting on this forum is serious buisness.

And asking for details on how things should have looked at certain time frames is looked down upon.

If I am outta line I would hope a more senior member would correct me.

But that generally seems to be the rule in the helmet section. At least Ive noticed it.

Cheers and no offence intended.

Rooster

Mike34charlie

Rooster, 

Valid points. No offense taken. Thank you for taking the time to reply and provide guidance. I have tried doing Open Source research and asked reenactment groups but always came up empty. It is as if the knowledge has been lost to time. I figured this would be the ideal platform to find such information gaps. I understand the trepidation for counterfeit reproduction.  

George Peters, Medal of Honor recipient, was in G/507 for NEPTUNE. He is also from my home town (Cranston, RI). Looking to understand him more. 

I’m originally from Cranston. Pretty sure a kid I grew up with is related to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk