Homrighous of Memphis, TN WW1 Wing

bschwartz

To my eye, this wing is a really beautiful thing, whatever it is or whoever made it.

It just suggests casting ONLY when one looks at it in a photo, and ONLY because it cannot here be compared with another example of its kind side by side.

It just seems too carefully made to be either a reproduction of anything, or made for anything other than what amounts to a "commission".

What is supportive to that opinion is that among experts there is not an obvious answer either, apparently.

I'm sure to be speculating, based on missing links. But, its such a nice piece... regardless.

• 10 years later...

I just paid $2600 for wings of that maker last month.

Thank you I have a group to a WWI WWII pilot that includes these wings, and wasnt sure of the value.

Value is what someone is willing to pay for it. There are MANY people on this site who can give you a better answer. I can only tell you how much I paid and I thought it was fair.

Perhaps you could post your grouping? It is always interesting to see groupings.

Thank you I have a group to a WWI WWII pilot that includes these wings, and wasnt sure of the value.

On 4/14/2019 at 7:27 PM, blind pew said:

Value is what someone is willing to pay for it. There are MANY people on this site who can give you a better answer. I can only tell you how much I paid and I thought it was fair.

Perhaps you could post your grouping? It is always interesting to see groupings.

As requested here is a link to the group.

• 3 years later...
On 8/31/2022 at 7:21 AM, LuftStalg1 said:

It is amazingly well made and super clean.  Can anyone make out the markings on the catch, R-F maybe?

@LuftStalg1,

While I cannot make out the markings on the catch, I will note it is on the larger size of the range (appears to be just a hair under 4") and exceedingly precisely executed.  Certainly a very fine example!  Not cheap, but odd that no one has snatched it up.

Chris

Seller of this wing is a former forum member who has been banned. He has/had a pretty large collection of WW1 & WW2 wings that he has been selling off for several years. I have bought several hard to find wings from him, some for good prices, others  not so good.
We had a falling out after he sold me a Robbins WW1 wing, the next day before I could send payment he notified me that he sold the wing to someone else who payed more. When I said we had a deal and objected to this, he told me tuff luck that is the way things work in advanced wing collecting. Also told me that given the opportunity I would do the same thing to someone buying a wing from me. Haven’t spoken with him since.