Collins legitimus 18

Reggie Terhune

Reggie Terhune

Resizer_15909498499200.jpg.7fe95f2602df1444bda9ecd770eba092.jpgScreenshot_2014-09-05-18-02-20.png.9b11909d3e54f3640555d6bf0615eb7c.pngGot this Collins 18 with brass rivets at an estate sale. It was in the barn. Later, went into the house and just by chance took this picture. Pretty good chance that this knife came from an emergency kit. I never put it together until my knife got stolen. I started doing research and realized that this man probably brought it home. Can anyone give me information about the aircraft behind the man? Thanks

Charlie Flick

Reggie:

Welcome to the Forum.  I am sorry to hear of the loss of that very nice Collins No. 18 blade. 

In answer to your question about the aircraft in the photo it appears to be a North American B-25 Mitchell bomber.  I don't recognize the artwork painted on the side of the ship, but it looks like a the head of a tiger or other large feline.

Regards,

Charlie

Welcome aboard Reggie!  This is a great site, you'll enjoy it. Sorry you lost the knife.  SKIP

Reggie Terhune
2 hours ago, SKIPH said:

Welcome aboard Reggie!  This is a great site, you'll enjoy it. Sorry you lost the knife.  SKIP

It's kind of okay, I paid $5 for it. I've got three more. And I did not pay $5 for them. Lol. But I like these Collins a lot better than I did when I didn't know what I had.

Reggie Terhune
17 hours ago, Charlie Flick said:

Reggie:

Welcome to the Forum.  I am sorry to hear of the loss of that very nice Collins No. 18 blade. 

In answer to your question about the aircraft in the photo it appears to be a North American B-25 Mitchell bomber.  I don't recognize the artwork painted on the side of the ship, but it looks like a the head of a tiger or other large feline.

Regards,

Charlie

Thank you Charlie, I was thinking maybe Tyrannosaurus or something. Thanks for the info on the aircraft. I believe you're right. The loss of the Collins number 18 was only the tip of the iceberg. All the knives that my granddaddy had gave me, and my daddy had gave me, and my brother had gave me for Christmas present over the years, that really hurt. Well, I guess somebody else can worry about those knives now. LOL.