Sign in to follow this  
louie

Marine I.D. Any Info

This is a jacket I have had for ages.  Bought it at the Pomona Gun Show in 90's.  Any idea who this guy was?  It has a generic 1st MAC patch, and a white diamond on the right side.  thanks in advance.

DSCN4504.JPG

Name:Jack W Johnson 

Muster Date:Jan 1946

Station:Ordnance Company, Supply And Maintenance Battalion, 7Th Ser Regt, Ser Command, Fmf, Pacific.

"The Americans on this Island are not ordinary troops, but Marines, a special force recruited from jails and insane asylums for blood lust." -Japanese Newspaper found during the Battle of Guadalcanal - "They Got That Right!!" Chesty Puller

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Thanks, is the FMF HQ patch right then?   thanks again.

Well if there is a white diamond on the sleeve i'd expect him to have been discharged in 1944 or early 1945.

Looking for WWII Americal Division and 147th Infantry Regiment Uniforms and anything relating to the Army on Guadalcanal.

donation2018.gifimage.png.eeda3e0d45132eb99f4dd8b07fd60103.pngdonation2020.gif

Well this is what is on the right sleeve.

DSCN4559.JPG

It is him I think, if you look at the muster roll for Jack W Johnson in October 1944 which I included it shows that he was discharged on that date so he must have reenlisted and that is probably when he was assigned to the ordinance company in 1945. I believe it also says that he was the NCO in charge of the BAR range.  A 1944 discharge would make sense with the discharge diamond and maybe the MAC makes sense for someone assigned to a rifle range detachment. Sounds like a nice uniform.

JW Johnson.jpgEdit: adding the muster roll ended up far blurrier then I hoped, if you are interested in the info I can screen shot it for you.

donation2019.gif