ebay gem

Costa

IMO the paint doesn’t exhibit much wear compared to the webbing of the liner. It could have been painted at wars end which could help explain the condition. However with that said, I think it looks cartoonish and recently done. The 104th typically used stencil/spray paint or paper decals. This one is clearly not in line with their typical type of markings. 
Robert

I like it more than I don't, but it does have a lot of wear on the inside to look fresh on the outside. Already at $2100 or so and not a combat helmet??? Hmmmm....

Burning Hazard

Interesting, would like to see this one in hand as well.

Here is a period pic of one from footage.

Pat

104th M1 Helmet.jpg

The Rooster

The mouth and the whole shape of the end of the nose area looks way different than the ones in the Black and white screen shot.

Not the same at all. Dont know if that matters but its very different.

Airborne-Hunter
6 hours ago, Nickman983 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/104th-MP-Helmet-Identified-W-Liner-No-Reserve/143612938715

I'd like to see this one in hand or at least with closeups. At least from the pictures available the paint seems pretty fresh.

For what its worth the helmet has obviously been touched up in places. See attached picture with arrows.  Other pictures show obvious touch up. I doubt someone would fake that. 

touched_up_helmet.png

I say its a real lid. MP's weren't combat units and many were in the rear. this mans obituary states he was an MP in ww2. he went into service in April of 44. there are a lot of lids out there that aren't beat to piss condition combat used--- many over seas lids were in excellent plus shape when they came home. I know for I have several. the seller stated he got it from a vender at a flea market and it sure doesn't have that SLEEZY GREEN piss pot look. it was mentioned that the 104th had paper or spray painted insignia--- well a point to be made that a lot of helmets were hand painted also. such is the case of a 90th div. lid I have.. the ends of the "O" do not touch the leg of the "T" as a member here told me several years back but, explain how 2 original GAS BRASSARDS were found sandwiched between the liner and pot which the seller never saw. I say its real.