Russian Nagant M1895 Revolver bringback

WWIIBuff1945

WWIIBuff1945

I just picked up this Russian Nagant M1895 revolver brought back by CPL Peter Materie from the E.T.O. I am still researching this vet. He did bring home other souvenirs which are the daggers pictured.

The photo of him wearing his medals was taken in Austria. (pics are actual medals) I have been searching for a papered Nagant for some time and I'm happy to add it to my collection.

nag2.jpg

nag3.jpg

nag4.jpg

nag1.jpg

materie.png

pete m1.png

pete m2.png

37A2CA609E2E4763BCC03AE940D79B47.JPG

D76BC77957BA48BC9FFC3E6B472240E8.JPG

USCapturephotos

What a great little grouping. I love the photo of the veteran that you have. Wonder if he got the Russian pistol in a trade with Soviet soldiers in Austria at the end of the war?

Paul

Great score for the price. I was going to bid on this pistol but another deal came up. I notice that the dagger,medals, and additional paperwork, and bayonet were not listed in the auction,were those thrown in as part of the deal? If so you really did well. Do you have better pictures of the nagant? The auction pics as shown are kinda dark.

WWIIBuff1945

Thanks guys! Paul I wonder too where he got it. He passed in 98. Skir, I wish the additional items came with the gun! The seller is not ready to give them up yet... maybe one day. I don't have the gun yet but will post better pics when I receive it. I have a facebook group on bring backs if you guys care to join?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/882753572163346/

WWIIBuff1945
14 hours ago, Doctorofwar said:

I had never seen a US WW2 bring back Nagant revolver.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Doctor! They are rare that's for sure.

WWIIBuff1945
On 5/26/2020 at 3:09 PM, skir said:

Great, look forward to the pics. You got a nice Nagant there!  

Got it today. Here are some pics.

IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1647.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg

IMG_1650.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg

Outstanding.  Always suspicious when sellers post dark pictures, but in this case, this one is a winner.  How does the bore look?

Backtheattack

Could you please post a detailed pic of the medals he brought back? A Nagant-Revolver in german hands - or hungarian or foreign soldiers in german service - in Austria in 1945 is not uncommen. Did you know where in Austria he was?

WWIIBuff1945
On 6/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, skir said:

Outstanding.  Always suspicious when sellers post dark pictures, but in this case, this one is a winner.  How does the bore look?

Bore looks pretty good.

WWIIBuff1945
21 hours ago, Backtheattack said:

Could you please post a detailed pic of the medals he brought back? A Nagant-Revolver in german hands - or hungarian or foreign soldiers in german service - in Austria in 1945 is not uncommen. Did you know where in Austria he was?

Sorry I don't have the medals only the pictures. The seller unfortunately had no other history except he was in Austria.