506th PIR pocket patch

Longhorn92

Longhorn92

I finally found a 506. I know it’s not super rare but it’s one I’ve wanted for a while and I couldn’t find one.

The only WWII PIBs and PIRs left on my list are 503 Rock patches, maybe a few variants of more common ones (like some theater made) and the uber rare and expensive. I hope one day I’ll own one or two 551 variants and a real 504! 

A lot of guys helped me find and understand what I have, including Allan H., Mort C., Bob C., James P., Pat Q., Scotty and a couple others. So thanks to all of them.  

When I set out to do this, I didn’t think I’d find so many nice examples. Without going to shows like ASMIC or the SOS and seeking out knowledgeable dealers and collectors, it’d be tough to find good patches. This forum is a major help, too. 

Thanks for looking.

EF73F076-BC90-47BD-AB1C-FB5F869F70C3.jpeg

9FB545CF-EABA-4142-ACF9-9020AA618CA0.jpeg

DC0F9983-7CE0-4E91-9A64-698C95FBB8A6.jpeg

Nice! I see you have a 501st pocket patch, thats the bugger thats been evading me! I'm glad you found one.

Longhorn92

Thanks. I really lucked into the 501. 

The pics don’t look too good. Let me repost the riker.

9C34954D-10A8-4D06-B2B9-BF113EBD84DF.jpeg

Very nice collection! One of the rarest ones in there is the "red" 517th patch. There are additional variations of this patch that date from the end of the war/post war era but this is the one you want to own. 

These need to graduate to a second riker mount. They are too nice to be overlapping.

Gorgeous collection Joe.

Allan

Longhorn92
34 minutes ago, Allan H. said:

These need to graduate to a second riker mount. They are too nice to be overlapping.

Gorgeous collection Joe.

Allan

Thanks. I know. I’m going to split them up today. I just wanted them together.

1 hour ago, Longhorn92 said:

Thanks. I know. I’m going to split them up today. I just wanted them together.

That's all well and good, but they all want to stand apart! :lol:

ocsfollowme

Any museum would be happy to have that collection! Good work! A long time coming!! Thanks for sharing.

Bill Scott

Great Looking Bunch Of Airborne History In Those Two Mounts,Thanks For Showing Them.It's Always Nice To Get An Old Mans Heart Pumping Early In The Morning.Scotty