Hello from the Chicagoland area

Sapsan

Hello, I'm a relatively new collector out of Illinois. Don't expect to be making many posts myself, just here to ask questions when needed for the most part. I mostly collect camouflages/ uniforms and load bearing equipment from the Vietnam War and onward. I'm especially interested in the Marine Corps but I don't limit myself to collecting only objects related to them. I don't have a large collection  whatsoever but I do have a couple particularly interesting pieces, a couple sets of the experimental MCCUU uniform and a prototype MOLLE 1 rucksack, other than that not a noteworthy collector in the slightest. I look forward to reading, thanks for having me.

Welcome! There are several knowledgeable Vietnam & GWOT camo collectors on the forum, feel free to pick their collective brains.

Old Crow 1986

Welcome!  You're in the right place.  New collector myself - WWII 8th, 9th, 12th, 15 AF.  The past posts and collective expertise here have been a great resource and the folks here have a real sense of community.  Don't be shy about asking questions or contributing. Study, learn, ask your questions.  USMF has been a very positive place for me and I'm sure it will be for you. 

• 2 months later...

Welcome Flatlander!  If you ever get to the Northern Chicago suburb of Milwaukee stop by our shop!

The Rooster

Welcome to the forum fellow Chicagolander.

This has to be the best spot on the web to learn about your US militaria collecting.

Welcome.