engraved juarez bomber

Costa

doinworkinvans

THere was an Andrew E. Caldwell - lead bombardier 15th air force 460th BG - just FYI

5thwingmarty

Andrew Ellison Caldwell graduated from the bombardier school at Midland, TX with class 42-16 on November 26, 1942.  A copy of this class' book has been scanned and is available at: https://aafcollection.info/items/list.php

He is listed in the book as a graduate in the class but he did not have his photo included.  It does say he was from Omaha, Nebraska.

I will have to add a note in my book that the class appears to have been awarded Lampl wings.  There are no bombardier wings visible in any photos in the book, and the drawing of a bombardier wing on each of the graduate portrait pages is of an Amico or LGB style wing with the target background.

Marty

stratasfan

Although, they wouldn't have to be the awarded wings. I know it was common to get your insignia engraved when they went and got another piece. Also, it seems like the ones with names and dates were often sent to Moms or girlfriends. Just my experience, which isn't too large, but still . . . what I've run in to before!

1 hour ago, 5thwingmarty said:

Andrew Ellison Caldwell graduated from the bombardier school at Midland, TX with class 42-16 on November 26, 1942.  A copy of this class' book has been scanned and is available at: https://aafcollection.info/items/list.php

He is listed in the book as a graduate in the class but he did not have his photo included.  It does say he was from Omaha, Nebraska.

I will have to add a note in my book that the class appears to have been awarded Lampl wings.  There are no bombardier wings visible in any photos in the book, and the drawing of a bombardier wing on each of the graduate portrait pages is of an Amico or LGB style wing with the target background.

Marty

marty------- this wing is a Lampl bombardier--------------------