Searching for Purple Heart awarded to PFC John M. Mulvey, US Army 299th Engineer Combat Battalion, June 6, 1944

MysteryRPh

MysteryRPh

I am trying to locate the Purple Heart awarded to my paternal uncle, PFC John M. "Jack" Mulvey, US Army 299th Engineer Combat Battalion, Company "C".  My uncle died on Omaha Beach on D-Day, 6 June 1944; he was only 19 years old. He is buried in the American Cemetery in Normandy, France. My uncle was not married and had no dependents. I am the only remaining living child of TSgt. Francis J. Mulvey, US Army Air Forces (1939-1945). My father was an Aerial Gunner and Flight Engineer Instructor. He was PFC John M. Mulvey's older brother. I would sincerely appreciate any help this Forum could provide to return my Uncle's Purple Heart to my family. Thank you for your time and attention to my inquiry.

Kind regards,

Diane Mulvey Shehata

East Amherst, New York 14051

jack2.jpg

jackdday.jpg

Thank you for your sacrifice PFC Mulvey .

good luck in your search .

i would also post this on medals section of the forum . Some guys just go to that and don’t go into the other posts .

MysteryRPh

Thank you, so very much, scottplen, your your kind words for my Uncle and for your suggestion. I sincerely appreciate it!🙏❤️🇺🇸

• 1 year later...

Aloha Diane,
I am your cousin Debbie Patricia's oldest daughter. Your dad and grandma were my godparents . We have wondered about that also. Mommy had said that she remembered other things also, that grandma had kept.  I had a friend that worked for the American Battle Monuments Commission here in Hawaii some years back . All the information, It's all done out of Virginia . You may want to get hold of our cousins Timmy, Terry or David because when grandma passed away Aunt Margie was in charge of taking care of all her personal items. So maybe they could be of help. We currently reside in Hawaii . My husband is retired Navy and we decided to move here to the Big Island back in 1989 . I was going thru this web site, looking for one of our friends that's when I saw Uncle's picture.  I hope this helps. Look forward to hearing if you find out anything.
Here's my E-mail Kamuelacowgirl@yahoo. Take care

Aloha Debbie