Would you consider B-1 trouser acceptable?

AZPhil

Well I just got off the Phone with Phil, He is 99 and will be 100 in September. He couldn't remember what my uncle wore under the leather jacket, 

Considering it was 75 years ago and I doubt I could remember what my wife wore under her jacket last year. I'm happy with what info I get.

He said they wore a "Hodgepodge " of uniforms then. They all wore something different.

Here is a kicker though, Phil was looking at that pic I posted of the crews and he said "When it got cold he would put on his leather jacket. I asked what type he wore.

He said like what Fioretti is wearing. Fioretti is the pilot and 3rd from the right top row. 

So I might be getting into the leather B-3 at some point in time. 

It also looks like TSgt Barraza is wearing a B-6 helmet in that pic of the crew......

Hmmm

Thank you all again.

Semper Fi

Phil

• 8 months later...

I just wanted to add to this that I just met this man's son on FB. 

Raul Barraza. He posted that photo above of his father.

WOW!! To me that is awesome to meet the son of this Vet.

Semper Fi

Phil

AZPhill, As to what your Uncle wore depends on the time frame, location and the group he flew with Over time gear became worn out or damaged and was replaced with what ever was on hand.  Everything was fair game and the photographic records confirms that.  May I suggest you look at photo's of others who flew in that time and place. There is no one uniform way to dress, everything depended on what supply had on hand. Over time as better gear showed up I am sure your Uncle upgraded his gear over time. This photo is a mix of gear.

lc250-S.jpg

P-59A,

Based on the photo that was in March of 44. the men to the left and right of my uncle are wearing the F-1.

With what Phil had told me about wearing the Blue Bunny suit(F-1) and he was the one I first started with to Honor . I tried my best to get what I could before he passed away.

He got to see my display when I sent a Powerpoint presentation to him for his 100th.

Less an F-1 and boots. 

My Uncles first flight was November 3rd of 43, Phil's was November 5th of 43.

But they started in different crews and squadron(547). Phil got frostbite and was hospitalized . His original crew was shotdown while he was in recovery and Phil became a floater on different crews until being assigned to the 545th and that is when he paired up with my uncle and the Fioretti crew.

It is /was that photo I am trying to duplicate.

And he also said the same thing about it was a hodge podge of gear they wore.

Semper Fi

Phil

First 1693183551_384thMarch8th44.jpg.f3f461103cbdfb4029e9e414a5933ed5.jpgThis is Col. Dale Smith CO of the 384th BG on March 8th 1944. The officer in the back row on the left. That looks like an F-1 he is wearing.  Second photo is the 384thBG, 547th BS on March 2nd 1944.                Semper Fi Phil

384th March 2 44.jpg

Here is an April 9th 1944 another with Col. Dale Smith.

The officer to the right top row. Looks like F-1.

while the bottom row looks like F-2.

1128540029_384thapril9th1944.jpg.ba972623ae270fdecd93bf734cf77b00.jpg

Semper Fi

Phil