Cool New AF DCU

AKC123

Just got this DCU today and thought I’d post it to maybe contribute something rather than simply asking questions. Nothing particularly rare but pretty cool in my opinion. A 1990 contract Air Force DCU from the 4404th Composite Wing (Provisional). Among the first DCU’s issued and with the early DBDU traits like the back panel and waist tabs. There’s something about the %100 cotton DCU’s that really appeal to me. They feel more vintage. Even more so than the 80’s era 50/50 DBDUs. The 4404th was stationed in Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm for Operation Southern Watch aimed at enforcing the no fly zone. Also was the wing that was hit in the Khobar Towers bombing in 1996. Not telling anyone anything they probably didn’t already know but thought everyone might enjoy seeing it. According to Kevin Born’s book this style Name Tape and BOS were made locally. The funny almost 1970’s looking font and coloring give it away. Also found a partial inspection label in the pocket. Anyone know what the white labels and number 0806 reference? Laundry perhaps? Anyway hope people find it as cool as I do. 

B29501F6-B20E-49F6-8DF3-2453A8973414.jpeg

10 hours ago, VMI88 said:

The small white tape labels are laundry tags. 0806 is probably the last 4 of the owner's SSN. 

Oh well maybe it isn’t so smart to post it publicly haha. Didn’t know. 

7 hours ago, BagmanL6 said:

Nice pickup.  You don't come across this style much anymore.

Thanks!