WW1 92nd Division or Aviation patch

nchistory

WW1 92nd Division or Aviation patch.  I thought this was a buffalo (92nd Div) sewn sideways.  Looking for any thoughts.  prior owner says "have been told it may be from the African American 814th Pioneer Infantry Regiment --nicknamed the "Black Devils" --- or from one of the many US Army Aviation Squadrons with similar nicknames."  All help is greatly appreciated.

w2.jpg

This new forum is whack.  Yes not 814, I guess guy thought was a variation of the black devil, although 814 looks like a mouse with a pitchfork

download.jpg

I guess I'm with original question.....  Guess its a 92nd Artillery until proven otherwise.  Got to be a duplicate in this world sewn the correct way.  Must be rare, nobody has one or seen one in a photo.

2 hours ago, tredhed2 said:

I have seen reversed buffalo on WW 1 92nd Div patches.  I agree, arty until proven otherwise.

Yes, I've seen a few facing right.  I was beginning to have concerns I couldn't find a photo or uniform of a 92nd soldier with 2 service chevrons, most have one.  But I did find one belonging to Benjamin Blayton.

Uniform Coat - 92nd Benjamin Blayton.jpg