167th Field Artillery Brigade 92nd Division Uniform

nchistory

167th Field Artillery Brigade, 92nd Division uniform.  Guessing possible French manufactured patch sewn sideways, with Artillery (RED) center.  Thoughts welcome

w2.jpg

The SSI applied sideways and a rear facing buffalo gives me pause.

The last image, in my view, is a French soldier. He is wearing a French uniform and equipment. The soldiers of the 92nd Division wore US uniform and equipment and used US rifles. It was the soldiers of the provisional 93d Division's infantry regiments who wore US uniforms and used French weapons and equipment. 

20 minutes ago, atb said:

The SSI applied sideways and a rear facing buffalo gives me pause.

The last image, in my view, is a French soldier. He is wearing a French uniform and equipment. The soldiers of the 92nd Division wore US uniform and equipment and used US rifles. It was the soldiers of the provisional 93d Division's infantry regiments who wore US uniforms and used French weapons and equipment. 

I may have the picture incorrect, I'm digging.  I have seen right facing buffalo, but more left.  Any thoughts of what it could be?  Do you see anything?

s-l640.jpg

25 minutes ago, atb said:

That looks like the reverse side of the Liberty Loan SSI.

Yes, I tried to delete that one (Liberty Load, person had posted as front), but of course you know they are uploading to a new server today.  So what about the 1st one I posted, maybe a flipped photo?  possible.  I appreciate you shooting down all my thoughts and weak supporting evidence, but I'm wondering if you have any actual thoughts on the patch itself?  Thank you

I found the first one (on the orange background) and it faces the other way there. I need to do a bit of research to comment further on the SSI on the uniform coat.

2 minutes ago, atb said:

I found the first one (on the orange background) and it faces the other way there. I need to do a bit of research to comment further on the SSI on the uniform coat.

I appreciate your help, it's purely a guess on my part.  Found this WW2 photo, and sideways apparently happens..

The guy I got it from had it for 10 years, bought in Richmond, he said "I have not been able to identify the patch but have been told it may be from the African American 814th Pioneer Infantry Regiment --nicknamed the "Black Devils" --- or from one of the many US Army Aviation Squadrons with similar nicknames."

15 hours ago, nchistory said:

NMAAHC-30DA1158217D2_5002.jpg

I was incorrect on this being the back of the SSI. I certainly do agree that there were right facing ones. I have not in the short time I've ben looking been able to find other examples like the one on your coat. 

49 minutes ago, atb said:

I was incorrect on this being the back of the SSI. I certainly do agree that there were right facing ones. I have not in the short time I've ben looking been able to find other examples like the one on your coat. 

Thanks again for your help.